Managing projects is hard work. Up to
84 percent of projects are late or overbudget; and completed projects
often fail to deliver as much as half of required functionality.
With such a poor track record, project managers can be hard to
believe. This intensive interactive seminar workshop shows project
managers how to deliver the results their customers want, on time
and in budget. This course helps project managers become believable
because they know what they're doing and how to do it well. Each
section of the course shows how to make sure that an additional
Critical Success Factor is present. Case study exercises provide
practice applying the techniques and learning how to avoid common
* Credibility and other key factors that are critical
to project and Project Manager success.
* Applying life cycle roadmaps to jumpstart
delivery of quality projects on time and in budget.
* Defining scope so it doesn't creep and building essential
transitions to the workplan for achieving it
* Methods for reliably estimating the time, effort,
costs, and resources required.
* Techniques for scheduling tasks to reduce risks and
optimize resource utilization.
* How to build and manage a motivated team that gets
the work done.
* Project control tools and techniques for making sure
project promises are kept.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This course
has been designed for systems and business managers, project managers,
project leaders, analysts and other professionals who may manage